Monday, June 2, 2008

Voodoo Venting


Inspired or hankered by the grossness of who I had been the past couple of weeks, I wrote a POEM! Aiks! Can you believe that? I did, I did, I did dare write a poem!

But what else can I do, when I do NOT know what to do, or why there is a need to do anything about the doodiness that has been me....but quite not!

Sigh"....
And what have I been the past couple of weeks you may ask, or not, but better I mouth it, exhume it, expel it, exhale it from my system.

BAD! BAAAAD! BAAAAAD! That's how I'd been. Just bad beady meeh!Mopey and angry.

I wasn't sad. Nope.Wasn't depressed.Nope. Wasn't weepy. Nope. Not quite. A little I guess. I was just angry. At anything. At anyone. The slightest provocation, the mismatched glance, the unguarded raised pitch, the blow of the wind and the stare of the cat brought me into fits of the strangest overwhelming need to vent. And fume. And fury up.

I was possessed with the sporadic spirit of volcano vood I tell you! Another week and I would have gagged out fungused toads I swear!


Mostly I know, I was angry at me. For whatever reason, I might have to sit me down sometime and find out.

The good thing about my todays is that I am over my yesterdays. And the love of my sweet has carried me through. Me as I should and God is good.

My poem is here: An Aptly Spoken Word

3 comments:

darkfoam said...

i read that poem first..
eh, our moods have been similar then..
sometimes i carry that inner fury too..
sometimes it's for hormonal reasons, but not always ..

Lady Prism said...

yes, not always.

Thank you for reading my silly poem he!he! Hope everything is great with you:>

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love poems!
and LOVE yours, specially this part:

my lady,
strong and sure and purposed;
my lady, a temptation of words; comfort served;
my lady, thy bridge between the crack of nurturing and healing;
my lady wise and genteel and resilient;
my lady brave and kind and involved.
my lady, who is me but is quite not…

Thank you sweet courageous YOU!!!