This interview was conducted by the fabulous and bedazzling world famous Malaysian blogger, Hliza! How To Be Interviewed:
1. Ask me to send you interview questions.
2. Post your answers in your site.
3. Link to me.
4. Ask if anyone is interested to be interviewed.
5. Send questions.
6. ENJOY!
Red Vase Photo: by me
Makati CBD
This is where you can usually find me....somewhere in there that is...
just hanging out...reading...sipping a cup of tea..or coffee..or cool mango juice.....
in a quiet corner....
Photo: by me: MUSEUM CAFE
sometimes....waving back at a happy crowd...Flickr Photo by IAN ONG
Hliza: Most of us in Southeast Asia are living in unstable conditions; politically and economically. Have you ever thought of leaving the country and migrating to a better place? Why?
Prism: Let's take it further than another country. I want my OWN country! And when I do, the national anthem will be one you are familiar with..."I'm too sexy for my..." he!he!he!
Kidding aside, yes and no.
Yes, when fed up with all the gunk going on around. And no, because I, or better yet, my husband and I never took it further than "what if..." even if we easily could.
Yes, there are beautiful places to see, but for me, there is no" better place" to live. Each country, each culture has its prettiness and ugliness, it's good and bad, it's advantages and disadvantages. I am well familiar ( and used to) with mine.
As daunting ( not to mention disgusting) and challenging as it is to be confronted with the negative aspects of living here, I am more thankful and truly grateful for the positive points living here has granted, primary of which is, freedom;
Prism: Let's take it further than another country. I want my OWN country! And when I do, the national anthem will be one you are familiar with..."I'm too sexy for my..." he!he!he!
Kidding aside, yes and no.
Yes, when fed up with all the gunk going on around. And no, because I, or better yet, my husband and I never took it further than "what if..." even if we easily could.
Yes, there are beautiful places to see, but for me, there is no" better place" to live. Each country, each culture has its prettiness and ugliness, it's good and bad, it's advantages and disadvantages. I am well familiar ( and used to) with mine.
As daunting ( not to mention disgusting) and challenging as it is to be confronted with the negative aspects of living here, I am more thankful and truly grateful for the positive points living here has granted, primary of which is, freedom;
The freedom to text, to speak, to blog, to belly dance, to yoga, to dress however crazy way you want ( as long as you are dressed ), to belt out in a karaoke bar, to party like a rock star..wannabee'... (?), to think for oneself, to choose your own belief, freedom to worship whomever, to read whatever you want, to own stuff, to eat as much as one can, to drink as much as well..he!he! and to ran for whatever position, even the presidency, if you are a woman.This is me...my children have other plans, it seems.
Hliza:Throughout the many years of becoming a teacher, can you share with us one incident..maybe involving your students or things related; that you feel had touched your life in a very special way?
Prism: hu! hu! I miss my students...sniff!
There are a lot, but I endearingly remember when they made out a surprise program for my 37th birthday. They sang and danced for me. They recited poetry too! And gave me gifts and little notes still in my possession. My students have taught me much more than I have taught them!
Hliza: Tell us 3 advices you may want to giv your daughter-in-law someday.
Prism: Daughter-in law?...egadz''...I hope I would not have to dispense any solicited advice just so soon. My eldest is only 19 ha!ha! Nevertheless, lemme' see'......
1. Always smell good. And I mean, always. ( use natural soap with a base of virgin coconut oil)
2. Be a lady and let it go - That thing you want to blurt out in irritation?... let it go...away. Don't say it. It's not worth the stress of a prolonged stupid argument with no outcome.
3. Be serene. If you're tired - rest. Don't make a big fuss about how tired you are. Just rest then put yourself pretty together and kiss your husband and children. Savor the instant reward in their smiling faces.
Ooooops..it appears that 2 and 3 is something I need to remind myself ..he!he!
Hliza, Thank you very much.
I enjoyed answering all your questions! :>
Prism: hu! hu! I miss my students...sniff!
There are a lot, but I endearingly remember when they made out a surprise program for my 37th birthday. They sang and danced for me. They recited poetry too! And gave me gifts and little notes still in my possession. My students have taught me much more than I have taught them!
Hliza: Tell us 3 advices you may want to giv your daughter-in-law someday.
Prism: Daughter-in law?...egadz''...I hope I would not have to dispense any solicited advice just so soon. My eldest is only 19 ha!ha! Nevertheless, lemme' see'......
1. Always smell good. And I mean, always. ( use natural soap with a base of virgin coconut oil)
2. Be a lady and let it go - That thing you want to blurt out in irritation?... let it go...away. Don't say it. It's not worth the stress of a prolonged stupid argument with no outcome.
3. Be serene. If you're tired - rest. Don't make a big fuss about how tired you are. Just rest then put yourself pretty together and kiss your husband and children. Savor the instant reward in their smiling faces.
Ooooops..it appears that 2 and 3 is something I need to remind myself ..he!he!
Hliza, Thank you very much.
I enjoyed answering all your questions! :>









9 comments:
I liked the song. The way you feel about Manila, I feel about New York. There are other places I like to live for a while. My heart belongs to New York.
Oh you get me guessing..but I think I know the answer.
soooo big, so seductive from the pictures that you show ..
I totally loved your site, the song, the poem, the pictures... Everything about this post and your site.
I would of loved to drink tea and relax in the museum cafe. It looks like a lovely place.
A very nice post...
Take care,
Shanell
http://tropical-malibu.blogspot.com
Shell: Oh yes, there are places, I too, would like to live in for while...so many!
Hliza: ha!ha! and here it is....freshly written today.
foam: It can get pretty hot here..blazing! ;>
Shanell: Welcome to my blog! Now that's one place I would definitely like to live in for awhile..Malibu!!!
Oh I didn't see you've updated this! Same like me..I've always thinking of going somewhere else but where in the world will I be able to be myself other than where I belong?
And oh I love the advice you give..I always let go of my emotions by talking silently to myself..it's not worth it to lose you cool..I always say the wrong things too if I blow it..so I learned my lesson to gulp it all inside and use 'indirect' weapon instead..ha ha.ha..
And did you cry when they gave you such big birthday bash? I know I would!
I needed reminding of 2 and 3 myself!!! I can be a drama queen at times! hehehe I know you just cant even imagine that hehehehehhe
Have a great weekend!
I like the quiet corner best.
I like quite corners in big cities.
I'd be the first to agree that you're too sexy for your nation, too sexy for your nation, and your generation....
Post a Comment