Guilty because I know that a marginalized sector of our society here suffer tremendously when the heavens pour down even juuuust a fraction wee' heavily. Flooding is at its worst this decade direly affecting congested low lying urban poor communities. And with the coming of this rainy season I find myself gritting my teeth and seething in frustration as I watch the images of the poorest of the poor struggling to rid their homes of mud and slime and water.
To see middle class neighborhoods affected by flooding is bad enough, but to view the desperate waddle in despair is just too much. They don't have to if people in power..in position only cared half a twit' it wouldn't be this way!
They say we are "poor".....a "poor" nation..Oh' tweedle dee duck'...I doooon't believe that! We are poor in will and care and that is what makes us a nation so pathetic! Where the hell did all our tax payments go? We who honestly and faithfully pay every single breath of the most horrendous tax charges heaped on us.
Wheeeere????
( gagging here.)
( gagging here.)
When I look at my poor countrymen living in such squalor and indignity I feel such a burning hatred for our senators and congressmen and mayors and every single government official who flaunt their botoxed (yuk') faces and expensive suits. Armani my ass when the people are struggling! And phuleeeze...why not just speak in "tagalog" instead of your trying hard fake twanged English. Let the masses understand what morons you really are! Frauds and freaks.
Houses...food..free quality health care...even just for the poor will do. Oh yes..and sex education..a massive campaign for sex education. Have a condom party for crying out loud!
Aw' heck..I was going to write about the bathing birdies in my mango tree...This is where my fingers led me...
nu nu nu...

13 comments:
hmmmmmm...
ya'll are supposed to be a democratic republic, like us, but lately i don't know what worth that is anymore..
i think that worldwide some democracies are slowly slippiing toward a state of corporatism. folks in power are increasingly more concerned about corporate rights then the safety and inherent rights of WE the people..
That must be hard to see Priz. I can't imagine it, living here in Canada. BTW...I dislike botox too. Well,too much botox. A little is okay. Frozen faces are a nu nu nu!!!!
xoxo
its the leader that examplifies the whole nation...i strongly believe, peculiar or otherwise...we'll find a good 'captain' to lead our respective country one day. fingers cross! ;b
hello my friend!it's been awhile since i've come visit your way...and, oh, shame on me! reading your words again only reminded me how much i loved coming her and reading your "voice." and i see you changed your website...they are beautiful indeed.
well, i have to say i loved your ranting...yes, those politicos do get under our skin once in a while, don't they? they all appear to wear the "same suits" no matter what part of the world you come from. what a shame. i'm still waiting for that ONE that will make a difference; that ONE that will be for the poeple and not for him/herself; that ONE that is not full of sh*t!
i will certainly come back...i've missed coming here.
((hugs))
rebecca
Actually, I prefer this post to one about bathing birdies. I'm curious--why do the poor suffer inordinately because it rains? Do they live in areas of lower elevation, and thus get flooded more easily?
It would sound as though there is major corruption in your government if you're paying high taxes but have little to show for them. In the states, we got endless reports about how many shoes Imelda Marcos bought. This can't lead to anywhere but strife, especially if politicans refuse to speak in the nation's actual language.
I can't even begin to tell ya that I've found myself there twice this past week.
Thankfully my book showed up, but, not before I sat for several hours trying to write something intelligent about what I call "professional politicians" but enede up on more than one occassion ranting and raving about the stupid crap our own government leaves laying around on the streets here.
Dang!
I did go over and straighten it out some, but HAD to fly out'a there before I satrted up again.
Hey!
I can't be blamed for this!
I live where Bush junior reigns supreme. Dang! And you thionk Marcos was bad?!?
HA!
I'll betcha Laura and George junor together have three times the amount of shoes!
(oh shoot! I just did it again!)
I actually came over out of curiousity (who?) but the opening photo was a pretty big clue, eh?
But then, what a great looking driveway.
So much green!
Luxie? Thanks so much for stopping by. It has been a while since I have had time to make my rounds to read up on old friends and this post was certainly worth the effort - but then again, all of your musings make me think, smile, ponder...
Thanks for remembering me
Hi Luxie, thank you for visiting, blogging is going slow lately for me. Belated Mother's day to you my dear friend!!!
We had some rain today to, I enjoyed it ... LOL your post is so true!!
I really believe that it is better for everyone in a society if the differences in living condition is small
I just love a heavy tropical rain, too, though I understand your concerns. When I lived in Guam I loved the way the rains would break the building humidity...such a release.
Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen for taking time and sharing your thoughts with me. I will be visiting you all one step after another...see you :>
oh you big heart!
Don't worry too much!
enjoy the rain...
and be always passionate yourself about enjoying nature and life in little simplistic details,
just fyi, some areas in my birth country are in poverty and i send my good thoughts to them and their leaders for sure.
Post a Comment