You see, wanting to take advantage of the clear skies after a few nights of drizzle, I once again wore my walking shoes and headed outside. The sky was a perfect moon full bright and the air was cool....the sort of cool that truly relaxes.
So I took in a few full gulps of fresh air and started my walk making sure to whisper a faint "hello" to the lovely vine plants and violet flower bells lining my neighbor's fence. No kidding, I secretly do this when nobody is apt to see ;)
Five rounds 'round the block I saw a long line of cars parked on the right side street...party..party'....whoohee...I felt the drumbeat of a festive mood!
Curious me, I took a closer peek and saw about a dozen pretty flowered tables with the looooongest in the middle heavy with food. A seductive chocolate fountain capped the whole enchanting picture. Lights...lights and clinking glasses...so sweet! I found myself caught up in the party mood and instantly decided to party with....myself!!
Excited, I stopped by a neighborhood store, bought myself a Coke Zero ( coupled with a bag of chips) and headed straight for the community park. There I settled myself in a double swing, swayed, stretched my legs and slowly drank my ice cold Coke. Of course, I also proceeded to relish the healthiest snack on earth ( he!he!).
Hey, nature can smell fun ey', so call me fancied but I swear the acacia trees with its long raised branches danced a salsa with the breeze in cahoots with my private revelry! Even the peek a boo glimpse of the fullest moon was a bright..shinny...Luna jazzed up jiggy!! Made me smile..sigh'..puuuurr almost.
At this point two lady joggers went past the park, huffing and hoofing they were with music stuck in their ears. Yes...all seriousness, I thought they were team Olympic!
I wanted to hide...well at least hide the chips...but too late! The two women stared..and stared..bit of a long weird look they gave unmistakably conveying "you girl are doing something quite....obscene!..shaaaame!" he!he!
Ah' well, undaunted and unruffled, I continued on my little event....
just me...chips...can of Coke....best company really for my type of a solitary moonlit party.
7 comments:
Thank you for your kind words! I'm very happy to find you...I love far countries! You have so beautiful images...you are so clever! I hope to here from you again! I like hunting through flea markets, decorating and creating by my hands for my home and for my shop on-line.
Many greetings from Italy!
Ciao
Vale
ah, man .. lol ..
sounds like something i would do ..
except i would have gotten a 'real' coke ;)
well, maybe not since i need to watch what i eat .. pout ..
you really are able to create beautiful images in your posts, prism. i can always visualize them so well. i feel as if i'm walking right there with you .. as your invisible friend ..
Les: Welcome to my blog :> I enjoyed browsing through yours. And yes, I love the things you do as well :>
Foam: If we were neighbors I;d pass by your house so we could do this together he!he!he! Thank you for the nice words :>
And why not? The best parties are often the ones on your own.
You know, I have ben blog browsing and the number of times I have seen my bloggie friend Foam is amazing!
yeah - real coke for me too. i saw the full moon last night and wondered who else was looking at it ...
chips and coke...oh, how deliciously obscene! LOL...
i find the simplest things in life brings us the most joy...power to you lady lux for taking a moment in your life to stop and smell the roses, so to speak...
i see this zen thing is working for ya!
This post just gave me a huge smile, Luxie! I can just picture you! I love how you can create a wonderful, savory moment out of the simplest pleasures. You have a gift and you teach me so much!
Post a Comment