Dearest C,
No, I have not broken faith with God. But the God I have and the God I know is no longer the God that has been sold out on me to believe. We might not have the same God. Who would ever have thought I would come to such a bold conclusion at this point in my life? I am free. I don't need anyone to sell their God to me.
My God does not invoke murder or kill or plunder. My God is not jealous. My God does not discriminate. My God does not have requirements nor rudiments for me to go through before I am listened to. My God does not sizzle souls in hell. I have no fantasies of this God. There is no need. This God is everywhere, in every one, in every moment, in every circumstance, in everything.
No, C, I do not need to preach God, your packaged God, when I teach. We cannot do business together.
There is this story...
The senior monk asks the junior monk to go to town with him to preach. They go their way in the market place, the senior monk making small talk here, buying pears and apples there. After an hour,they were trudging back uphill to the monastery.
On the way, the junior monk asks the senior monk why the latter did not speak of anything about God. To which the older monk replied that, they have made small talk and bought fruits...that was all the preaching they needed to do.
Holiness is in action.
3 comments:
yes, i agree..
I've always thought that spiritual enlightenment was a very personal thing. With dogma, however, it's a one-size-fits-all approach.
Of course, if a god/dess fosters murder, hatred, selfishness or bloodlust under threat of eternal damnation, we have to wonder why anyone would actually worship her or him? I mean, that kind of god sounds like a bully with the maturity of a nine-year-old.
Service!
Action~!
Yes!!!!!
Doing. Acting. LIVING.
Buying fruits, YES!!!
I LOVE this post.
xoxo
Post a Comment