
Yes, I saw them...
Their faces softly framed by the overhead Tiffany lamp; two of a kind but so the same. The woman on the right was much older, the other on the left, much younger....a younger version. Daughter.
Now, every once n a while I ask the ether to send me a gift. A magic moment to inspire me, to fill me, to envelope my hapless spirit with a phosphorescent hope that all is not a parcel of strife with the world.
That in spite of the hallow of distant wars, the morbid tastelessness of poverty, the perverse inhumanity of those who corrupt both in deeds and words, and the apathy of those who walk in the airs of wealth, there indeed is heaven in the gap, that space between people filled with all the best of things. A space where the sublimest of all the world's understanding can be found...real and not merely a manner of polite scholarly thought.
My eyes were transfixed. There was something so magnetic about the scene playing before me, a White Rabbit pull. In the reel of a moment, I became Alice, hypnotically drawn into the magic wonderland of these two fairy goddesses sitting so close to each other, whispering, giggling at some clandestine joke shared between them.
I saw their eyes as they gazed upon each other. So pure. And when the fairy mother gently brushed off a misplaced strand of her daughter's hair, there was a prayer of sacredness in the act.
And slowly I watched how their fingers instinctively entwined, and how at that pivotal moment they slowly eased each other's head to gently rest side by side, like two inseparable soul mates who had flown thirteen spans of a lifetime to another...
I had never never ever witnessed such devoted poignant intimate connection between mother and daughter. The world was nowhere. It was not west, or east, or south or north. It was not even Earth.
And in the pin of my tear and the thug of my heart, there was and is no physical world to speak of...I realized. Only moments...gaps of heaven between people....
But not everyone can see...
So I sat there in my space, soaking in their love; speechless in my silence....watching..watching..as life unfolds a movie..just for me.
19 comments:
The story is beautiful. Makes me think of the best moments between my mom and me.
it'a a rare intimate moment that your discerning eye detected, prism. when moments like that exist between people who love each other all concept of confining space disappears.
Luxie, that was beautiful. Those are the moments that make life wonderful...and I agree, they transcend time and space!
This is really lovely!
tea
xo
Well, I've never encountered that brand of voyeurism before, but it works for me. I know you love your sons, but were you, at the time, pining for a daughter too?
Lady Luxie:
you are after my own heart!
a mermaid heart!
hugs!
And God bless you and your family.
hey everyone! Thank you for taking a moment of your time to spend it reading here. thank you for the nice words you've left, I appreciate them all and am' inspired to continue writing. i wish i could have written about this moment with much more clarity and depth in order to convey that surreal moment I felt. this is the best I could. It really was such a deeply spiritual moment. And yes, perhaps, X Dell, you have touched on something for at that moment I realized how much I regret not having a daughter. As much as I love my sons and treasure them, and as much as they love me, there was something so stirring about that mother daughter connection. It made me think of the decisions I have made concerning children, questioning even if those decisions were right. Nevertheless, the world is a mother unto herself and that same satisfying embrace was cuddled unto me by this man into whose arm i rest my head.
Your writing about the couple was very good, I was there too. Every time I read your blog I'm a tourist in the Philippines for a while.
Here the rain is smattering on the roof windows.
mmm... makes me wanna hug my mom even more, which i did 2 days ago. the 3 of us girls will fight who gets mom's best hug. we are all so childish when we're with our mom.
Thank you Eric! And thanks too Alison. It must be a wonderful feeling to be hugged by a mom:>
Hi Lady Prizm,
I serendipitously stumbled upon your blog in the BATW roll. I was pleasantly surprised to see a blog from the Philippines since I didn't see any earlier.
Anyhow, you write beautifully and this blog made me think of my mother. And I miss her so!!!
stil as lovely as ever I see! I have missed you! How was your summer? Great new blog and I love the header!
xoxo
Lux-
I read this the other day and tucked it in my heart. I wouldn't trade my relationship with my daughter for anything in this world. I love nothing more than we she and I get away to have dinner together, or have our nails done, or just hang out reading and cooking.
She is a gift beyond all gifts. A treasure above all treasures.
When she says, "Mom- You are the best- and I love you"- I have to wonder if my life could possibly have more meaning.
Then time resumes and we speed along into life. Thank you for your words here, which have caused all of us to pause and reflect.
Hugs friend :)
Thank you for finishing this so beautifully. You have such a gift for storytelling...I love the line about the White Rabbit pull - what a great analogy.
Rela: Hi there and welcome to my blog! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I hope you get the chance to visit your mommy soon:)
Hele: heeeey! welcome baaaack! Missed you so! :>>
Thursday: Thanks so much Amy. Am' happy you visited over here. I'll be over your bloggy' home in a while.
Sometimes, life unfolds for me like a movie....usually horror/comedy.
Very beautiful. I wonder how many mothers and daughters can really be so close and loving together? I wasn't with my mum, but at the best times we were friendly and easy, my dad used to like to watch us from a little way off, I remember...
X Dell: Your experiences are the best stories ever! Can't for get Miss Texas still!
Lucy: Most of my friends tell me they share such a closeness with their daughters. It was just so riveting to watch a real physical manifestation of that closeness. They didn't know I was watching. Thanks for the compliment!
Definitely a moment connecting you all with Heaven. How very beautiful, and how very, very beautifully written, Luxie. I feel that your story is a gift, freely given for others' enjoyment. Thank you. It's a wonderful thing to be witness to that manifestation of Heaven of earth. Those moments really happen, more often than most notice; we only have to open our hearts to see Heaven. It's all around us, in small moments like the one you were so blessed to be picked to witness. Perhaps it was a message to let you know how very much you are loved ...
Post a Comment