Friday, December 12, 2008

A doo doo' doo'

CLICK CLICK CLICK on the click to see what I munched on so0o0o tenderly just a few hours ago at this cute French Patisserie at the Alabang Towncenter where I did my Christmas shopping! The macarons are to die for!! Heaaven!! Siiiigh!!! He!he!he!

Anyways, haven't been blogging as diligently as I ought to. Bad bad meee...
Been busy whizzing here and there, trying to put my Christmas list in order. So far, half the client list had been filled up.


Wines, wines, wines in their sparkling ribbons have been bought. Cakes and specialty cookies have been ordered ( for pick up first thing Tuesday morning). A nifty pretty pretty novelty box and a couple of golf shirts have been expertly wrapped. The list goes on still and next week will be hectic. Fun!

And that's me now, ha!ha!ha! Me in my stripy new doo'....luv' it!

Gosh, it has been absolutely sooooo long since the last time I visited a beauty parlor. After the disaster my hair went through months ago, I simply.....well, you can say, let myself go. I just, for some reason, lost interest in combs and mirrors.

Hair is hair, so I just let it - hang. There are far more important things than hot oil treatments or trims. Didn't even bother to show up for those yoga classes, didn't step huff or puff in the orbitrack, didn't moisturize my nose, didn't care if I ate a whole cow, didn't pluck my brows and only half shaved my legs. The only obsession I had was keeping the home spic and span and cooking like I owned a 4 star bistro.


It hit me one morning as I staggered out of bed and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. "Is that meee?" I asked wonderingly staring into the puffy circled eyes and wild frayed hair of a stranger on the mirror . No wonder my hubz was hinting on a little parlor trip I might want to take.

So I went one afternoon early last week. I told the nice lady there to give me a new look..a new meeee. And there it is...her creation - golden tiger blond stripes, LOL!

Needless to say, I was lost for words when the deed was done. Another bloody experiment I thought, as a little chuckle of laughter escaped my throat. The first to see me was my eldest son who gave me a quizzical look and asked, "why?"

"Why, what do you mean why?" I asked back. When he just shook his head and escaped to his room, a cloud of uncertainty hovered over my mind. "What on earth have I done to myself - again?" I anxiously whispered to nobody but the dog.

My blockbuster doubts turned to dust when hubbzy dearie came home he!he!he!

Still, I am not sure how long I will go with this look...maybe till after the dazzle of the holidays...I know I had been taking life a little bit too seriously and like a breath of fresh air, this little doo' change is a whiff of new found fun.



ps: right now...it's a low dose aspirin I need...chest pains...

8 comments:

darkfoam said...

..and it comes with a crown!! that's just the ultimate .. :)

Guatyen said...

Oohh la la... lovely deedledee doo!

darkfoam said...

chest pains!!
take it easy, dear friend..

guess what? i also have streaks in my hair ..
more and more everyday it would appear. and they are free!!! woohoo .. i'm getting rather stylish in my older age ..

anyway, the patisserie looks quite devine. any baked goods, that you purchase here in my small town are quite obnoxious. not like the delectable goodies found in german village bakeries. ... sigh ..
as a matter of fact, i decided to not finish some sweet rolls that my husband purchased when we were on one of our rare 'shopping for groceries together' outings ..
you know it's mediocre if i don't finish it .. i have quite the sweet tooth after all.
anyway, i hope you are enjoying all the festivities and lights that i know must surround you.
but do take it easy .. puleeeeeeze ..!!!
i don't like hearing about those chest pains.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Golden tiger blond stripes.

And even I have more and more streaks in my hair, for free!

And be careful with your chest

Anonymous said...

And I have less hair for every year.

I don't like that, grr!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

With hair, you never know until you try. And if it doesn't work, it grows back, in my case, very quickly. and if it does work, have some fun! Hey, it's always fun to try something new, isn't it, to stretch our boundaries a little. There's no growth without change. Enjoy the new 'do!

Shell said...

Sometimes you have to be daring with your look every once and a while. The macarons look so yummy!

butterflygirl said...

I'm liking it!