Driving on my way back this morning from a short hypermart errand to pick up half a gallon of devilishly smooth creamy, heavenly luscious coffee caramel ice cream, this buzz of a "feeling" hit me smack hard.I'm sure you've felt this kind of buzzing surge as well. I know I have, albeit a long, long,long, long time back; so long I can't even pinpoint the exact time when.
And when I felt that certain feeling I haven't felt for a long time since, I had this fervent fervent wish for it to stay. If only it would. Oh' if only it would....
Do you remember the feeling of being - young?!
Heck, I'm not talking about late 20's young or 30's young. I mean, real young. High School Musical young! Like, 19 or 17 young and the world is your crib!
Like..like..you've got the wind on your hair, and that carefree smile on your lips, and that self assured, well esteemed feeling of being unencumbered by anything; no troubles, no worries, wow! Like there's this pulsating fresh supply of baby life juice gushing from the tip of your twinkie to the top of your head that says;
"You can do anything shugar, tango, baby tango!....."
Shucks, I felt that for a brief moment this morning. Almost magic. Surreal. Surreal. Surreal.
And I want that feeling again.
I want it. I want it. I want it..
Because lately, I've been too concerned - to the point of worry. Senseless, and I keep it all inside, to myself alone. Such an abundance of things to worry about. Funny, but, I didn't even know I was living with worry until I came across that feeling of freedom that hit me.
I'd like to think that the breeze of liberty I felt this morning was the friendly assuring touch of the Universe to settle my heart.
I'd like to think it was a kind whisper for me to release my deathly grip on the worry blinders that lately, hinder me from seeing the bigger picture of life, impeding the full flow of joy as I morosely ponder what might happen if things go wrong, or if things turn bad. If, if, if. Always the itch of the non - existent 'if."
Yes, I'd like to think it was sending me a bite size taste of how satisfying it is to live as I used to; simply taking things in stride, one moment at a time.
I'd like to think..
I'd like to think it so...
And then I saw the moon smiling down at me tonight, literally. :)
ps: Was the moon smiling at your part of the world too?
A once in a lifetime sighting!
Cutesome awesome:)
13 comments:
oh my!!!
what a wonderful post! so YOUNG!!!
LOL
oh yes!
everything is smiling at me this morning!
hey you! I just read your new profile: Pink fairy, walker of doggies ;-)
I love it!
I get that young feeling often enough. It usually comes when I let go of my "adult" we must to do this mindset. I let go and let myself be. In truth, our outside may age. Inside we are truly timeless.
Oh, how wonderful to experience pure, unadulterated, unjudged, free-flowing, life-affirming JOY! That moment when we release our earthly worries and desires and touch the Divine within and let our selves be filled with LOVE. You are such a delight, Prism, and I know you've mentioned how you worry before. The good thing is that you're aware of it, and you're able to contrast that with the free joy you felt ... and you want more more more. Smile all the way from your liver, girlfriend. Joy is yours to have.
Hey there lovelies! Thanks for dropping by and sending sweet vibes.
Mermaid: Oh' I so know how young at heart you are:) Your fairy home is such a dear!
Shell: Oh yes, I sooo agree! And what fun you have in your line of work:>
ROse: Thanks Rose.I guess I had been too preoccupied with the whole lot of the daily grind that somehow, lately, I'd forgotten to breath, so to speak. it's a wonder when some unseen force blows something sweet to relieve a tired soul :)
I love that feeling, too(!), when there were no cares around me... But where, oh , where did time go???
Some say that time flies when you're having fun. That's true, sometimes.
And sometimes, it's not. Sometimes it's busyness that makes us forget to stop and smell the roses. Sometimes it's the demands of life that wears and consumes us. Sometimes, it's just life passing by as it should.
Whatever it is that takes most of our time though, there is where our heart is!
Wow! I blame it on the ice cream! Looks like "devilishly smooth creamy, heavenly luscious coffee caramel ice cream" is like marijuana for you! Or something like that!
Well at least I know what to serve if you ever come over and visit me for brunch! hee hee!
:)
p.s.
my husband saw the smiling moon phenomena...and didn't even call me and tell me to look up! doggone it!
missed the smiling moon .. .)
it was cloudy with a slight threat of snow ..
i think last friday i briefly felt young like that ..
maybe five minutes worth. it was a hopeful feeling though..
but oddly, when i read this post, i also remembered a lot of anxiety from that time too.
Rela: Oh yes, indeed. That was a nice thought you gave me. I had been spending most of my time in my home lately. I haven't been as actively pursuing my career as much as I did the past years. This truly is where my heart is.
Charity: Have you tried "Selecta Coffee Crumble?" Go on try it and see just what sort of a high it can give:)
Foam: It was a five minute thing for me as well. I want that feeling to last.
It was no smiling moon here.
But I remember how it was to be nineteen. It was very different from now when I have a family of my own to worry about.
The moon was smiling, but the "eyes" were kind of like a Picasso...they were southeast of the mouth!
Sometimes I long for that feeling...being 19, with the world at my feet. But I also know I am much wiser now in many ways than I was back then, and in truth, don't want to turn back the hands of time. Well, maybe just long enough to snatch my old figure back and drop off a few wrinkles...then light-year it back to present day! hee!
I truly, achingly long for that feeling, being 18 again. When you don't know much about worries and big responsibilities. There was no room for that, because life was nothing but fun and a big party!
Yip, we have a smilling moon here at the moment and you just inspired me to feel young again too. Great post Lux.
Post a Comment