Saturday, June 7, 2008

My First Boyfriend ( with post script)


E gave me a diamond ring,

hard and glitzy

stolen from his mother.

we were seven..


showed his scribbled “I love you’s” to the girls..

guffaws…giggles…

we raced to the slide…

dumped scribble…


phone call in the evening,

dang furor ensued…

mad search for “my ring”

hair curling lecture

never ever accept anything from….the boys


first grade me,

dunno’....don’t care for blings or boys

or wrong or right, proper or bane.



who cares for ring…,

threw it in Cinderella lunch box

underneath leftover Spam…


next day,

parents meet up, mine and E’s.

he was there

holding his mamas hand…


she the girl friend?? ... pretty momma’ teased…

confused me…embarrassed..shy...

so many big people

crazy questions.

laughing


what’s the big deal?


"NO" says E...

holds his momma’s hand…

twists his legs

rocks to and fro…

looking sissy…totally..


He ran....

from what

he'd done...


run E......ruuuuuuun!


silly silly silly E..

I'll keep your sticker smiley


and E

never spoke to me

ever

again…


hee! hee! hee!


To answer Alison's question:

Yes, this did really happen. And yes, E never spoke to me ever again tho' we were together till high school. Not a word.

However, one day in 6th grade, I was alone in the classroom when someone crept up on me from behind and placed his/her hands over my eyes. I struggled to pry the hands off and when I finally did, I turned around and found..who else...but E.

He ran again...

( duh' to him..)


6 comments:

darkfoam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darkfoam said...

...but i'm sure he's never forgotten you either, lol ..

ps: lord, it's hot here now ..

beezee~bee said...

wooooo....how innocently romantic!! hehehhe...

Guatyen said...

is that for real? too cute! :)

Lucy said...

Oh what a memory! Poor little E!

Amber Cargile said...

Oh my gosh, that is one of the wildest, coolest stories I've ever heard! Unrequited love all those years...do you have any idea where E is now?

I love the way you wrote it in the poem, Luxie. Just fab!