
They thought me wild..ha!ha!
In the society of my youthful days I was the odd girl out. To them, I was the daughter of mischief…when most girls would walk…prim and cute and proper as expected.. I would run..run..run..feeling the wind in my hair ..without a care...reckless...
I was alone….
in a field….
on a bike..
and how I pedaled and pushed
with wanton abandon
for nobody could see
but me
and the wind
and the field..
and the faint mountain far yonderand the warmth of the
hot afternoon sun
at four
gave me my freckles
that I wear today
with my eyes closed..
a moment
I felt the wind on my face..
Rush..
and I swerved to the right just in time to notice how closely I was off a cliff..oh’ my!
and I stepped on the brakes and I felt me go down and slide and glide on the rough wild dirt of a country road side..
and my heart beat fast..so fast...silly stupid me..there was no pain..
when I looked down and saw my pants torn in two..there was blood on my knees..
and I took in a breath as I sat on the side of the road and brushed off myself wondering how to get back to the cottage where they all were….and I could see the stares I would get and the reprimand I would have to endure…for the bike was no more...passed on to the bike of afterlife..
So I sat there for awhile and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed…as I felt the wind on my face…alone and free and happy…
no loves.....no loss..
nobody could possibly be
as wild a child as me....
at 17.
( I made that painting years ago in remembrance of that day)
8 comments:
i loved this post and the remembrance of a child? who was wild and carefree for that moment..
and i've always loved your landscape paintings. i want to be in them amonst those colors.
ps: i still have a faint scar by my elbow from a bicycle fall. i took a curve so fast as a teen that the bike slid out from under me..
Beautiful post, Ms. Prism. :)
But tell me...what is this dream of yours you have doubts of ever coming true?
Love from a far-away land xxoo
Hey Sweet Chile'!!
Oh, that were a lovely poem/ reflection form your teens--I so enjoyed this insight into Luxie!! (AN' I think PRISM is fabulous--the exact word fer ya!)
lovely paint and post!!!
yes there is nothing like wind in the face and the bittersweet and daring sensation of being different, an adventurer...
you rock! You sweet inner child Ms Prism!
Ah, those wild, reckless days of childhood. Too bad they weren't wreckless.
I actually broke my collarbone doing stunts on a bike when I was six. So I can relate. Still, not that embarrassing for a child. Just painful. I can't remember the pain. Hope you don't either.
I have the same scar like Foam from bike's fall but mine is right on my knee..I was ferrying my youngest bro when it happened. My childhood was not that carefree as I always have younger siblings to look after..but I remember the wild days with wind blowing my hair...it seems so long ago!
Hliza,
Yes, doesn't it seem such a long time ago? I too asked myself this question yesterday..then again when I closed my eyes it began to seem just like yesterday.
X:DELL
I was more of the "rough and tumble" type. I ran with the boys.There were even a couple..no..three actually who received a punch or kick or both! I even had this cool machine gun that looked like the real thing. Didn't play with dolls. Poked their eyes out actually. And though I never broke a bone, I was never really without a bump, bleed or scratch :>
Mermaid,
My inner child is still here..I can climb a tree still I bet you!..tho' I don't coz' I don't want to embarrass my kids he!he!
Aunty,
Thanks Auntie! Nice to see you here :>
Graciel,
Thanks Graciel..I'll hop on to your blog and whisper this dream to you:>
Foam,
That was what happened actually, the bike slid from under me and I was hurled down on the ground where I rolled and rolled and rolled and slid just about till the edge of a steep ravine...Nobody knew that this happened to me. The bike got utterly destroyed :>
Beautifully written, Luxie. And that painting is absolutely beautiful. What an enduring sentiment...your spirit free.
Is this painting hanging in your home now?
I sense that you are yearning to be free spirited again.
Post a Comment