Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Weekend Greet


It's a pretty day to putter in my little garden, but of course, who would want to miss the US vice presidential debate? So far, I think both of them are doing very well in making their views and standpoints clear to the American people. Even Governor Palin who had been at the receiving end of much daunting scrutiny is holding up pretty well.

I wonder how many people the world over is watching this? And I wonder how it would feel to stand in front of a camera with the whole world for an audience. How would you feel? Would you feel smashing, hot, powerful, in control, clever?

When I stand in front of my clients for a training session, or even during academic symposiums, I get that wobbly knee jelly feeling for awhile. Sometimes I even get a brief sickening gut wrenching feeling that I might turn stiff, fall backwards and disastrously faint in front of my stunned audience. Good gawd' that would be total entertainment! Knock on wood, me' hopes this never happens to me he!he!

I have had embarrassing moments though. There was that time when I was teaching a high school class and the plastic monoblock chair I was sitting on collapsed. Then there was that time when my computer suddenly went blank in front of a training audience composed of senior managers. In my surprise I knocked off the coffee to my right making me appear like a total nunu clutz.

Speaking of embarrassment, nothing can equal that time when I was walking alongside my Hubz in a busy parking lot. Me all giggly and animatedly talking, when and all of a sudden my high heels caved in and I slumped down in a whooosh' like the earth opened up and sucked me in! It was so surreal..like...how could something like that happen to me?

Anyway, I think I've had enough of world views and debates and crumbling stocks and typhoon and nuclear deals and just about everything else that's wrong with the world and of course, over here where our local SWAT is hunting down the last of the 17 hardcore prisoners who escaped from prison two days ago. Nice:(

Time for coffee.

Oh' yes, here's something interesting for everyone who wants to join: HANDBAG PLANET
is giving away 24 fabulous gorgeous bags in 24 hours!!Do check them out. You can even choose which bag you'd want to win!

Have a nice weekend everyone!


12 comments:

Shell said...

I love the new look of your blog. So pretty.

Lady Prism said...

Thanks Shell!

..................... said...

i fell asleep on the couch half way during the debate, although i tried very hard not to.
I reckon that Palin and BIden did speak pretty well before their well rehearsed babble put me to sleep ..
seems to me that some questions were not really answered though. actually palin even seemed to admit to that ..

Lady Prism said...

Foamy: sent you mail just now!

Anonymous said...

A very boring debate.

A very horror debate.

Just two politicians very well rehearsed babble.

X. Dell said...

I find it curious that you would have any interest in US presidential politics. Many Americans don't.

Embarrassment is a part of life, and if you stand in front of people long enough, something embarrassing will happen. When you stand there long enough, the embarrassing moments don't bother you too much. In fact, you're just as apt to laugh at yourself as the audience is to laugh at you.

For example, I was giving a lecture, and didn't notice that a power hub in the middle of the floor wasn't secured properly. Because I walk back and forth during lectures, it eventually came to the point where I stepped on the hub, and shocked the hell out of myself--in front of forty-five students.

I still think it's funny.

Tea said...

I like your new blog too :)

tea
xo

Rela Pantaleon said...

I love your new theme(s) - one for the blog and one for the About You page! Very beautiful...

ThursdayNext said...

the new look is so lovely...as are you! hope you had a great weekend!

Lady Prism said...

X: oh, but of course it is of interest to me. Recent events in your country have affected the business climate over here. Aside from that is I have numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, and relations who are both naturalized and natural born American citizens. We here follow whatever is going on over there hoping that things would get better.

Tea, Rela and Miss Amy: Thanks ladies!! :)

Amber Cargile said...

Luxie, your new blog style is gorgeous....love the header!

Did you win a bag?

I agree...risking embarassment is part of risking life. No embarassment ever equals never taking chances. Kinda sad, if you ask me.

exskindiver said...

nice outfit
(my boring template says to your template)
you sure have had your share of embarrassing moments...but i bet you handled it smoothly.