
Life is a matrix of mystery and the prettiest, most surreal things manifest when you least expect it. That is, if - and only if, you are in tune, aligned, centered, so to speak, to the crux of a moment!
For most people, life occurs in a state of distant future. A dreamworld of a day when one has finally, finally, oh' at long last, evolved into an imaginary perfect version of oneself, with all its accompanying status, and trappings, and distinctions, and accolades, and riches, plus that sculpted weight and height and hair color so rightly befitting.
Ah', in the- imaginary- future, you have arrived....yehey, yeehaw, what an escape!
However, even more people dwell in the past. A masochistic world of regret and pain and anger- for whatever archaic reason, direly re-lived day after day, moment after moment, for the purpose of...of....nothing else to do, probably. Who knows exactly, eh?
Then some, of course, live in the past for the sake of....high school! The good old days of 86' when life was punk and sporting big hair, plus Bermuda thick eyebrows, were a sure fire path to the volcanic throes of true love! Duh...
Eeeeks' to the delusion, and the hair, and bushy brows! Oh' but heck, high school rules ( or college, or elementary, or nursery, or the 60's, or the 70's or the 90's whatever year you prefer ) so let's live there...forever!
So what's wrong with this? Shouldn't we plan for the future and glory in the days gone by? What's wrong with digging' the past and pinning for the future?
Basically, nothing.
Nothing as long as you aren't "STUCK." You know, like in a rut?
Stuck to a tomorrow that does not exist. And stuck to a past that is deceased. So stuck that one becomes oblivious to the beauty and preciousness that is just is.
For here we are at the cusp of another fresh new year, making out goals, and plans, and resolutions, and aspirations, as we should. This is good. All good.
And as important as the future is and as significant the past, the most crucial part of existence is the awareness of the present moment, NOW! There is no tomorrow ( yet); and gone is that all consuming past to continuously regret. But there truly is a now; this moment, this time, this present.
So breath deep.
Deep. Deep. Smile.
Relish life and live the goodness you are.
And just like that pretty butterfly whose daintily fluttering existence has touched me, realize that your presence is significant. You, yes you, make a beautiful difference in the lives of so many, in this world, at this moment, right NOW!
Manifest the best.
* written for a commercial website targeting young adults.
13 comments:
I agree, Luxie...living in the present is the key to true happiness. Well put!
Hi Amber! Blogging at the same time..he!he! Thanks for dropping by:)
currently my present finds me enjoying a steaming hot cup of coffee ..
just wish that moment could last longer ..
oh and reading this really nicely written paean to the present ..
You are spot on here Lux! I think that even though many of us 'know' this, we need to be reminded to bask in the simple pleasures of the here and now! Thanks for the reminder! I think today I will go out and do something for me... not sure what it will be, but I am gonna do it! =]
Happy Monday!
Living in the present and making the most of every day is a great way to live. It's something I always try to do which isn't to say that I don't think fondly of days gone by or have dreams for the future - it's a question of balance really I suppose.
I do my best to stay in the present. Sometimes the idea of the future gets me all anxious. It is true we build our tomorrow on today. If we miss what we are doing today then our future gets wonky.
Yeah, class of 86' too. Brings back memories.
The MOMENT is where life is.. Again, I love your post prism. A very good reminder for this new year!
i am taking this advice! i think you saw how at chickory. come sail a paper boat with me anytime lux -light-prism
:-) I was here!
i am trying my best to let go and enjoy the moment, you bet!
hugs!
No butterflies are present here, but like foam I am enjoying a steaming hot cup of coffee
And present is the beautiful music you are playing for us.
Thanks!
Right NOW, your blog gives me peace. xo
Graciel: I got your email! I'm glad that my blog gives you peace right now:)
ROLF: Nice to see you here. Speaking of butterflies, I am reminded of your pretty sun room...enjoy your coffee...I'm glad you liked the music.
Mermaid: You are one person I know who always always enjoy the present moment.
Java: Thanks! Nice to see you :)
K9: I will remember that invite!:)
Shell: The future makes me anxious as well. So many times it does that I have to shake my head and remind myself of precisely what I wrote.
Rowan: Balance, why yes, that is the perfect key! :)
Helene: Looking forward to your questions. I wonder what you got for yourself? :>
Foam: Thanks, Foam. I can almost see you holding that steaming cup. Which reminds me, I haven't had coffee yet. I'll get myself one right now. See you in cybie land.Later.
Post a Comment