The best part of Christmas 08' was everything and more! More because that special twinkle of a heart was when Hubz' and I went off for a few days to a cool pretty' hideaway far far far from this city. No kids.Just the two of us!
What luxury it was to just be together with no agenda but to seriously indulge in relaxing. Woooow' relaxing, imagine that!
The first day after lunch, he decided to tee' off playing nine holes. Fine by me. I relished that moment being by myself with nothing but the view of silent rolling greens and the harmonious chirping of birds for company.
Life so alive!
Lying on my bed facing nature, my eyes feasted and drank on the beauty before me. Slowly, it dawned how achingly tired I actually was....as if the whole weight of the year to pass decided to press in suffocatingly at that very hour.
A deep purposeful breath of cool mountain air gently, so gently, released me. It was then I felt a huge baggage of deep seated spirited tiredness, and concern, and thinking physically lift from my very soul. Hypnotized by tranquility, my body literally sunk deep into a floating state of blissful rest. Nirvana, you could say.
The last day we decided to take a side trip to a mystical chapel we had been hearing about. True enough, it was a one of the most beautiful nature sanctuaries I have ever seen, perfect for meditating or being by oneself to jot down plans, or even be with friends for a meaningful time together.
We hiked up the long trail of gardens to where the chapel was and entered with ( respectful) playfuness and reverence for the prettiness and tranquiity of the Dominican sanctuary.
Since we were totally alone, we took the liberty of taking a few pics, staying momentarily to admire the artistry of its interior with its colorfuly stained walls and windows. That's when I saw it!
Flying so daintily, this pretty lovely butterfly fluttered in from the garden, through an open widow, gliding gracefully and gently settling into my hubby's bown leather belt! Mesmerizing!! To say that we were totally awestruck is an undertatement!
And if that wasnt enough, a minute later, her prettiess, the butterfly, fluttered once again, this time casually settling on me!
I don't have the words to describe that moment except to say that it was the most spiritual experinece we have both ever had inside a church. It was like.....like.... we were being bonded once again....
Our presence sanctified, not by a priest or a pastor or a minister...but by no less, than a pretty spotted yellow winged angel of a butterly! :)

PS: Thank you so much for the greetings everyone!
And yes, I owe quite a number of people letters and responses. I will get into that this week:)
Just as soon as I finish that last last leftover cup of strawberry ice cream...
10 comments:
What a beautiful, mystical experience! Something that you will remember and treasure forever. Mare, pampelikula ang eksena!
that's such a beautiful photograph of the butterfly!
christmas can be so overwhelmingly busy and hectic. it's such a gift to be able to get away and relax.
wow! pure magic!
It sounds like a time of miracles and beautiful glimpses of heaven. I'm so glad you got to experience it all. Your butterfly is amazing!
Hey! Where is this? Tell! Tell!
:)
I haven't been alone with my husband for the longest time I can remember.
You're lucky. Good for you.
Happy New Year!
:)
oh i am so happy for you and enjoyed (and still I am) your photo slideshow!
lovely and very romantic!
happy new year!
A very happy new year to you
That butterfly is so beautiful
here will no butterfly exist
it is so bloody cold, just now it is 13 minus degrees Celsius.
Well inside it is warmer but I was out a moment, recycling glass and plastic and my fingers did freeze stiff. I'm longing for warmer seasons.
Touched by an angel in a church, no less! What an amazing experience!
Lovely photo, too!
You folks look like you had a fine holiday, although for the life of me I can't think of what might be mystical about a chapel.
My holiday was great, especially since my dad came back from the hospital with a glowing prognosis. That's about all I hope for these days.
I tried to rate the slide and leave a comment but I dont have an account... not sure if it took...
Lovely family! You are very photogenic! I had to laugh at your son texting. That would have been what mine was doing too! Its universal! lol
I originally thought that you photoshopped that butterfly! Its soooo cool! It must be a sign of some sort... since it was in the chapel perhaps its the spirit of a loved one coming to say hello... idk but its a nice thought!
Have a great week and I will get you some interview questions soon!
Post a Comment