EverydayI see or hear something
that kills me with delight
that leaves me
like a needle
in a haystack
of light
It was what I was born for
to look, to listen
to lose myself
inside this soft world
to instruct myself
over and over in joy
and acclamation
nor am I talking
about the exceptional
the fearful, the dreadful
the very extravagant
out of the ordinary
the common, the very drab
the daily presentations
oh, good scholar
i say how can you help
but grow wise
with such teachings as these
the untrimmable
light of the world
the ocean's shine
the prayers that are made
out of grass?
- by: Mary Oliver
( I heart this photo because I was smiling candidly at him, not knowing he would click out of the blue using his cellphone.... I remember that afternoon so well...a year ago..)
10 comments:
that truly is a lovely photo of you..
luv that smile..
Thank you Foamy'..I was very happy here..
Dear Friend on the other side of the world~ You are gorgeous.
Inside and out.
Hugs and love from Buffalo!
I LOVE Mary Oliver!!!!
her poems are mystical to me!
I am so glad you posted this poem
beautiful you!!!
Lovely picture and a very pretty you indeed!!!
blessings!
You really are gorgeous!
I love my photos taken by my other half too..because he always see the 'me' that I don't and I believe his heart beat a little faster every time he snaps those photo of mine..it's a work of love!
(1) I love candids like this. Relaxed, in your own element, you strike a pretty picture.
(2) Your eyes indeed sparkle. So does your soul. That's why we called you Lux for so long.
(3) Congratulations on the car payments. Sometimes, karma pays you back--even if in small increments.
I heart that photo, too; it makes me smile back at you, real big-like. :-) And because it was taken by him, he's "in" the photo, too. How lovely!
ohh... you look so calm, relax and happy. what a great shot! :)
i heart d smile :)
Awww'..thanks everyone for your nice words :>
Post a Comment