Thursday, October 9, 2008

Spurty Bedroom Conversations


"I never promised you a musical garden..."

Men.

It appears I am hard of hearing. Hubzzy dear has flatly denied he ever said anything about a musical garden to me.

" I don't even know what that is, do you?" he inquires.

"Well no, I don't. But since you said it, I just supposed you knew what it was," I answered.

" No, I don't, " he went.

" So, why did you say you would make one?" I retorted.

"I did not," he goes.

"Did too." I retort back.

"Did not..." he goes.

"Yes, you DID." I get back quite indignant.


"No, no, not musical, whimsical. I did say whimsical garden," he explains. " You misheard."

"And what is a whimsical garden?" I ask, a bit incredulous with what I was hearing.

"Whimsical..meaning whimsy....meaning..I will make this garden when I get the whim to do it...you know, spurts of moments..." he explains with great amusement.

I go," spurts of moments?....."

"Oh' honey, you know how busy I am with the next phase of client project coming up..." he says, obviously wriggling his way out.

I corner him, "So what was that about, I will go into gardening with you for a hobby, maybe even go for landscaping..."

"Oh' that was a moment...kinda' like a spurt...a momentary spurt....green spurt," he patiently explains.

"A spurt...... and when, I wonder, will your next spurting moment come around?" I inquire.

SILENCE.

"You know, I can get you the whimsy pots you wrote here, only I don't know what whimsy looks like, do you?"


Men.

7 comments:

exskindiver said...

funny.
tell him there will be no more
"spurts" until the musical whimsical garden sprouts.

Anonymous said...

women

Lucy said...

You know it when you see it, tell him...

darkfoam said...

http://www.musicalfurnishings.com/html/_outdoor.html..
tell him to start building ..
i couldn't resist googling ..
amazing what comes up when you type in musical garden and then view it on images ..

Graciel said...

I have before me a steamy cup of rose petal tea..and another for you. I drink with you and to you tonight, my far away friend. If only I knew your sweet name.

I am still doubtful, trying my best to be hopeful and better yet, active in making a dream or 2 come true.

I simply want my own musical garden. I know it's up to me to plant it, tend it and wait for the music to grow.

In the meantime, Ms. Passion, I drink to you and those lovely comments you left for me. Oh, they made my heart so glad today!!

Love and hugs from Buffalo xo

X. Dell said...

A lot of people get whimsey when they eat certain foods.

To be honest, gray skies make me smile. I wish they did the same for you.

I've never had cyberchocolate, but if I did, I'd prefer the dark kind too.

HLiza said...

Men!